Valentin Olivry joined the Sorenson Impact Center in January 2023 and currently serves as a Director in the Impact Finance team, working to bridge the gap between private capital and social and environmental needs.
Previously, Valentin worked for Elevar Equity, an impact-oriented VC fund, where he worked on raising capital and managing relationships with investors for the firm’s funds. Prior to this he worked for 8 years in Development Finance Institutions, notably the European Investment Fund in Luxembourg and the World Bank in Washington DC, to set up investment programs in both developed and emerging markets. Valentin received his Master of Public Administration (MPA) from Columbia University, where his studies concentrated on economic development, and graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a bachelor’s degree in International Relations.
Over his career, Valentin has developed a diverse skill set in the field of finance:
- Design and implementation of investment programs targeting social and environmental impact
- Relationship management and raising capital from public and private investors
- Identification and tracking of impact KPIs
- Conducting due diligence of potential investment opportunities (i.e. direct and fund investments), particular focus on the identification and analysis of ESG factors
- Structuring of investment transactions at a variety of levels (Fund-of-Funds, Direct, Co-investments)
- Portfolio monitoring, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Stakeholder engagement