The Sorenson Impact Institute is seeking student applicants to join the impact storytelling team as a graphic design student intern. Students have the opportunity to engage with real-world clients and develop as designers and storytellers while building their portfolio. Students will work with all focus areas in the Institute to connect with impact investors, governments, nonprofits, entrepreneurs, and students. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, and creative individual to join our team that is able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Qualified candidates for this position must submit a portfolio that demonstrates strong typography skills, as well as a basic understanding of effective information design. Portfolios that only include illustration work will NOT be considered.
Creating and working collaboratively on
- Web Design
- Print and Editorial Design
- Branding & System design
- Environmental Design
- Social Media & Marketing Materials
- Data Visualization and Information Graphics
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite (Working knowledge of InDesign is a must)
- Familiarity with HTML/Coding
- Motion design and video editing skills are not required, but are a big plus!
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Team player who is able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to communicate ideas effectively
- Students must commit to working 20 hours per week for a minimum of two semesters
About the Sorenson Impact Center
The Sorenson Impact Institute with the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah envisions a thriving world where all people are valued, communities prosper, and the measured impact of our actions guides decision making. The Institute advances global impact through innovation in impact investing and finance, public policy and government spending, and corporate and social sector behavior with organizations across the globe, and utilizes world-class data science, impact storytelling and collaboration as key tools. As part of its mission to train future impact leaders, the Institute integrates academic programming and experiential learning into each of its practice areas.
* The dynamic nature of work means the student experience becomes more valuable with deeper levels of engagement. To facilitate this experience, students are expected to commit to working 20 hours per week for a minimum of two semesters (continuation beyond the first semester is dependent upon meeting the appropriate level of performance).
** The Sorenson Impact Institute strongly encourages diverse applicants, especially those who self-identify as Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, non-binary, living with disabilities, neurodivergent, young, speak English as a second language, and others from overlooked / underestimated communities.
*** Due to legal restrictions regarding student employment under certain Visa statuses, Sorenson Impact can not guarantee our ability to pay international students. For international students potentially selected, we commit to working with you and your institution to determine our ability to adequately compensate you for your time and energy. Please reach out with any questions.